A national operator of fitness centers with more than 3,000 employees at more than 150 locations.
The company was looking to expand its benefits package to include disability coverage and other forms of income protection. It also was facing the challenges of a diverse, spread out employee population. Participation in and understanding of existing plans were low. The company wanted to improve both.
NEES worked with the company during core open enrollment. We introduced a well-rounded voluntary benefit program to employees using:
- Benefit advisors at every locations to meet one-on-one with employees. Advisors discussed all benefits available through the company.
- Web and telephone enrollment support.
- Benefit statements and booklets.
- Bi-lingual communication pieces and benefit advisors.
- Ongoing monthly enrollment support of new hires.
Overall Medical Plan participation increased from 57% to 72%. Participation in the Voluntary Benefits program was 55%.
“I was a bit surprised – pleasantly surprised – that so many of our employees signed up for voluntary benefits in this economy,” says the company’s director of compensation and benefits. “We had a nice increase in the number of employees signing up for core benefits, and that’s what we were hoping for.”